Here is what I did today:
1. Nurse Josie 10 times.
2. Change about 40,000 diapers with accompanying blowouts and wardrobe changes.
3. Feed Holly breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
4. Play with Holly.
5. Read Holly her favorite books a countless number of times.
6. Discipline Holly. Yikes.
7. Do dishes. Twice.
8. Wash about 4 loads of laundry.
9. Clean the living room.
10. Make dinner.
11. Get Holly bathed, PJ'd, read scriptures, pray, get her in bed.
Here is what you would've seen if you had come to my house today:
1. Me and the kids still in our PJs.
2. Breakfast still on Holly's face at 2:00 in the afternoon.
3. Holly running around with a fork she found on the kitchen table.
4. Holly throwing a fit because I asked her to clean up a mess she made.
5. Dirty dishes in the sink. They multiply like crazy!
6. Complete, utter chaos.
So...even if it looks like we're a mess, it doesn't mean I haven't done anything! I have come to the conclusion that about 90% of work that a mom does she has nothing to show for; if it gets done, you don't notice it. Only if it is not done do people notice. Days like this are so frustrating!
Ahh, the wonderful life of mothers. : ) I like this post. Because it's so true, and we've all been there no matter how many kids we have.
HA! I can so relate Katie. Lovin that post!
Katie you are the best. I wish I could just post this one on my blog. It is so my life. I love it when Jacob notices something I have done during the day. Come visit me sometime. ;)
Post a Comment